Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Sour milk

I grabbed the bottle from my bag without even giving it a second thought. I had poured a little bit of milk into an empty water bottle for my coffee at the office; there are times when creamer simply doesn't do it for me. Don't ask me why, but for some reason it never crossed my mind that the milk could turn sour if not kept in the fridge. Since sipping on my sour milk coffee yesterday morning I've not stopped thinking about it.

After having watched so many documentaries on the mass production of food - factory food I call it - I know just what to look for to avoid in the store - those perfectly smooth, over sized - too good to be true products and fruit & veg...? It really is too good to be true - naturally anyway. Factory food would be those products of which the DNA has been genetically messed with - to grow faster, to grow larger, to last longer, to mass produce in an abnormal short space of time.

Nope! give me organic any day - that which was produced or grown the old fashioned way! Give me those scarred apples, bruised bananas and bird-pecked peaches; those crooked carrots and smaller than desired heads of broccoli. Give me that bread that grows mould after three to five days, and yes, that milk that goes sour... even if I have to pay a little bit more.

Better keep the milk in the fridge then, huh? It's the good stuff. Otherwise there is still at least 97 good ideas of what you can do with your sour milk - check out Cooks.com for some creative suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment