Sunday, April 3, 2011

The fur is out of the bag!

The new little one has been cristened: Coda! Did anyone see the movie Brother Bear? Coda is the cub whose mommy sadly gets killed by a young Indian hunter, leaving the little fellow to fend for himself. The pup was named this because he has these cute bear-like paws, similar to his daddy. He's eating well (and lots! I might add). He might very well look like a bear cubby too real soon :)

Ok, so, as promised, I am letting the cat out of the bag - or should I say letting the FUR out of the bag! Thank you to those who took a stab at it :) Have a look!

= = Mommy Snowbell

= = RUG

Congratulations guys!! I have a few 'sharp tool in the shed' readers indeed! Well done!

During the first few days of Coda's eyes having opened I don't think he quite knew his elbow from his behind. He slowly started moving around and, at times, looking for his mommy. He had mistaken the rug for mommy Snowbell a few times. I would find him lying on it. He must have thought, "It looks like her, it feels like her... Now where do I find the milk?" Must have been pretty darn disappointed that he couldn't locate the food and fell asleep instead. haha

After the second time of finding him on the rug I put two and two together. I don't think he thought it was funny at all, but I sure did! :) Poor little fellow. I must add though, he's made good progress since those early days. He's turning out to be quite a bright little one indeed (so far anyway) ;)

6 comments:

  1. Simply adorable, Cindy. Starting to bark and wag his tail now :) :) You just want to eat him up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwwwwwww...one angry little man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's learning to express himself in all kinds of ways now; playfulness, discomfort, dissatisfaction, joy! Been such fun watching him grow, Granny :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mommy Snowbell and Coda are both darlings! I like the disgusted look Coda has on his face, and your caption for it is perfect. Blessings to you, Liane...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Carol Ann. And thank you for visiting. Feel free to come again :)

    ReplyDelete