Sunday, February 26, 2012

Public restroom, bathroom, toilet, ladies, loo - Naah! Rather tinkle at home!

Restroom, bathroom, toilet, ladies, loo - Naah! Rather tinkle at home!

After running around the streets of Pretoria for half a day I desperately needed a restroom. Yes, I was pretty tired... haha. It was going to have to be a public facility - so not my favorite choice - but this day I didn't have much of a choice. Luckily I had change in my purse - a rare phenomena for me. If I didn't, I would have had a serious case of 'wet my pants'. 

Right in front of the restroom door was a lady seated behind a small make-shift table with a sign indicating that you need to pay R1 in order to use the restroom. What is this world coming to?

I couldn't help but chuckle when I first entered the restroom and overheard a mom explaining to her young daughter - probably no older than 2yr - how she should not touch the toilet seat; that it is dirty - All this with the stall door ajar, using the facilities, trying to balance herself on the ball of her feet, hovering, trying to aim inside the bowl. Boy! Sometimes I think guys have it so easy.

I don't mind paying for using a public facility, but then I expect more than what I got. Here's what my R1 got me: three out of four basins that didn't have running water, a piece of toilet paper and a broken air blowing hand dryer.

Imagine my disgust by the time I was trying to open the restroom door from the inside. How many people have touched that handle without bothering to wash their hands at all? Eeeeuw! I sincerely hope that little girl listens to her mom's advice; only, I would say - touch NOTHING little girl

R1 - Yeah right!! 

What interesting encounters have you had with public restroom facilities? I'm wondering if restroom is at all an appropriate word to use anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment