Wednesday, April 11, 2012

30 Days Honesty Blogging Dare - Day 11

This 30 Days Honesty Blogging dare is hosted by Tom Baker. Pop on over and check out his blog, including a list of the other participants in this fun - and sometimes challenging - dare.



Day 11: When I've had a really bad day the first thing (not person) I reach for is...

When I've had a really bad day it usually means that I was upset often - or perhaps mostly - and when I've had a day like that I would often end up with a headache and feeling physically tired - a combination of venting my emotion when I had the chance, and having to pretend and keeping my pose the rest of the time - something that can be extremely exhausting for me.

On days like this - and under normal circumstances - I don't just reach for one thing, but three: candles, bubble bath and my bath pillow.

I love aroma-therapeutic bubble bath, bath gels and candles. I really think that the fragrances do help to unwind and relax you. I love candles that smell nice, but the candles are more for softening the light. Whenever I have a tension headache I find that bright light can be rather unbearable, so instead of having to fumble in the dark, I can still see, but with the added bonus of the ambiance that add to the relaxing effect of the bubbles, warm water and delightful smells that make you feel pampered.

Most of the time I prefer a bath to a shower. I feel less rushed - like I'm always in a hurry - and it winds my mind down so that I'm also able to sleep better. I find that many things seem better after a good night's rest. I've fallen asleep in the bath more times than I care to remember, and I've often woken, rather relieved that the pillow kept my head afloat. I've never been so stressed that I wanted to sleep forever; one or a few nights is usually quite sufficient.

Throw in a take-away so that I don't have to fuss with dinner and I'm good to go. Anything else can wait till morning.

That is under normal circumstances...

Right now though, I reach for my Mangwanani gift voucher to phone for an appointment for a weekend half day at an African Beauty Spa. This voucher was a token of appreciation from my boss for working long hours to meet deadlines in the middle of a very tough transition period. I did not have to fake my surprise and appreciation when he called me to his office to give it to me.

Depending on whether you prefer the morning or afternoon, the voucher includes either breakfast or lunch, a complimentary bar and topped off with an Amarula and chocolate, as well as these three treatments: 
  • IZIMANGA - Traditional full body massage with hot stones
  • MOLALA - African head, neck and shoulders massage
  • NEO MAOTO - Traditional African Royal foot massage (from toes to knees)

Sounds pretty heavenly to me! I feel less stressed just thinking about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment