Saturday, April 14, 2012

30 Days Honesty Blogging Dare - Day 14

This 30 Days Honesty Blogging dare is hosted by Tom Baker. Check out his blog, including a list of the other participants in this fun - and sometimes challenging - dare.


Day 14: Because my parents never found out, I remember getting away with ___________ as a teenager...


"Getting away with" gives me the idea that it would be something that they would not have approved of. I was too busy doing everything right, thinking that perhaps that way I could earn love and acceptance. Stepping out of line (1) didn't make sense to me - I've always been very consequence conscious - and, (2) would mean rejection - the very thing that I tried to avoid at all cost till a few years beyond my teenage years. A few moments of indulgence would ruin the greater objective. In my mind I simply couldn't risk that, so I "colored inside the lines". 

No comments:

Post a Comment