Sunday, April 8, 2012

30 Days Honesty Blogging Dare - Day 8

This 30 Days Honesty Blogging dare is hosted by Tom Baker. Pop on over and check out his blog, including a list of the other participants in this fun - and sometimes challenging - dare.



Day 8: If I could afford it, the piece of famous artwork you would find in my home is...


I'm not really into art in this way. I suppose this sort of ties in with my lack of desire to follow trends. I've honestly seen some Van Gogh works and I simply cannot understand why anyone would spend that much money on one of his paintings. Even if I was a millionaire I wouldn't be reaching for my wallet.

I look at something creative and it either appeals to me or it doesn't - who created it is of no significance / relevance to me.

Because I'm not really into the painting scene I can't think of one famous painting or person whose work I'd buy, but I have two friends who paint and who have produced pieces that I could most definitely envision on the walls of my home.

The other option that I love for decorating walls would be my own or my husband's photography, tastefully framed.

And then I've seen a piece of 3D art once that was of an alley way with little street lamps, steps and cobble stone streets. It made me feel like I was wondering the streets of an Italian or Greek village. This art piece had a corner and it was so real that I wanted to climb into the picture to peek around that corner to see what was there. I loved it and if I had enough money, I would have bought it right then and there - again, an artist whose name I have never heard of, and not someone who is well known, but definitely a piece of art that made me want to reach for my wallet.

If I don't feel YES! I've got to have that - where's the check-out?! then it can pass me by any day and no one will convince me otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment